History

Olivet Baptist Church has been declaring the glory of God and the Gospel of Christ for over 100 years.  In 1911, a small group of believers joined together to form a Bible believing – Gospel preaching church in the Kansas City area.  Over the years, the church grew and moved to its present location at 4901 Mission Road, Westwood in 1960.

The heartbeat and passion of our church is helping people to Learn…to Grow…to Serve.  Learn – God’s Word more and more; Grow – in the admonition of the Lord; Serve – the Lord faithfully until He comes.

In 1975, Olivet began a Christian school ministry to assist families in the education and nurture of their children.  Olivet Academy eventually became Shawnee Mission Christian School offering classes for grades K – 12.  This ministry was expanded in 2005 by adding a Wee Care program which cares for little ones  6 weeks old – Pre-School age.   For more information about the Wee Care and school, a link is located under the “Contact Us” tab.